Scheduling software helps in project schedule management. It is software that contains features, algorithms to manipulate activities with dependencies and resources to create schedule model and schedule presentations.
The scheduling software also allows to adjust various schedule parameters (e.g. duration, relationship, dates, resources, constraints, etc.) Further:
- It lets you create baseline and record actual progress.
- It lets you analyze project progress against baseline and trends over periods.
- You can compare different schedule with each other.
- You can analyze resource allocation and level resources.
- You can optimize project plan to meet the end date, the budget and other constraints.
The two most widely and commonly used scheduling software are described here.